Thursday, September 18, 2014

Maybe I won't die.

I’m trying to learn to accept death. Of others. But not necessarily my own death. It’s inevitable, I'm told. Accept the fact that everyone dies. Just a matter of time. I’ve learned to accept death of others. As for my own demise – well, I keep wondering. Will it really happen some day? Maybe that’s why I try to live one day at a time. And not get too far ahead of myself. That way, I don’t have to think about running out of time.  Because my focus is on now.  The immediate. Today. Not tomorrow. I’d rather savor life. Than to think about death. Meanwhile, I like to speculate. That maybe I won’t die. That death may be no more than an illusion. Or a  transition. To another form of life. In a spiritual dimension. I can imagine it. That’s good enough for me. Could be that all of life is imagined.  Death, too. –Jim Broede

No comments: