Thursday, September 25, 2014

Far better than lamenting.

I try not to lament. Over bad stuff. Such as war. Because it does me no good. To lament. Yes, I know that war is a pity. That thousands, even millions of people, suffer the horrid effects.  Needless loss of life. But even that may be better than having to survive and directly suffer the mental anguish and physical ravages of war. A civil war has already taken the lives of 200,000 Syrians. I’m fortunate. Because I’m not Syrian. And I live on the other side of the world. In relative safety. I’m philosophically opposed to war. Call me fortunate. Because I watch war from a distant sideline. In a sense, I don’t even watch. Instead, I read the accounts. Mostly sanitized stuff. And see videos of exploding missiles.  Minus the bodies. Obliterated. Or strewn in the rubble.  I don’t have to smell the stench of rotting flesh. Instead, I go for a stroll in my peaceful countryside. And commune with Mother Nature and my Italian true love.  Able to count my blessings. Far better than lamenting. Endlessly. –Jim Broede

No comments: