Monday, September 1, 2014

Makes me happy.

My studio. My den. My computer room. My library. Don’t know what to call it. Perhaps I will devise a unique name. It’s where I write. My blog. And love letters. My many daily thoughts. too. Windows. Looking south. And a sliding glass door on the west. With a view of Forest Lake. A double-mirrored  door on the closet. It’s all in the process of being revamped. Remodeled. At the behest of my Italian true love. She’s a teacher. Of English and English literature. Intelligent. Beautiful.  A natural born interior decorator, too. She comes with an abundance of talent. And ideas. She’s adding color to my life. My studio used to be white. Now it’s pale green. I used to have makeshift bookshelves. Now I’m getting white bookshelves. Swedish design. From IKEA. They’ll be delivered Saturday.  They must be assembled. By me. That will be a real challenge. Assembling stuff ain’t my forte. Other than assembling words. That’s my craft. My art. Writing. About love. And life.  Makes me happy. –Jim Broede

No comments: