Thursday, September 4, 2014

The practicing of true love.

I was asked today. If I was sad. Because my Italian true love flew back to Italy The answer, of course. I’m not sad. Indeed, I’m quite happy. Because we are always together. If not in the flesh. In the spirit. That’s one of the benefits of true love. We pursue separate lives. But we also have a daily life together. We are independent beings. That have blended our lives. In meaningful and loving ways.  We embrace each other. Without being possessive. I have no desire to change my true love. I accept her. As she is. And we have something in common. A quest for happiness. For ourselves. Together. And for each other. Separately. And we are in touch. Every day. One way or another. Physically. Spiritually. Emotionally. That’s how we practice true love.  –Jim Broede

No comments: