Saturday, October 18, 2014

A lovely heroine. In my storied life.

I’m trying to make sense of my life. By thinking of it as a continually unfolding story. Similar to living in a novel. I’m the protagonist. With the wherewithal to shape and interpret the story.  At my discretion. After all, I’m the author. I define the characters. Including me.  Almost feels like playing god. I’m cast as romantic idealist, spiritual free-thinker, political liberal, lover, dreamer. Writer, too.  Yes, the creator/interpreter of a story. Not only of my life, but the robust and fascinating events and people around me. But it’s no fantasy. It’s real. Especially my Italian true love. A very pivotal character. And I’m letting it all play out. Giving my true love immense freedom and independence. The opportunity to define herself. Though I wish she’d allow me to define her…as a lovely heroine. In my storied life. –Jim Broede

No comments: