Friday, October 17, 2014

The end of civilization.

Enough. Enough. You Ebola alarmists. So we have one or two or three cases of Ebola in America. It ain’t the end of the world. That’s all I’m hearing on newscasts these days. Ebola. Ebola. Ebola. Congress is holding hearings. Trying to decide what to do about Ebola. As starters, let’s quit overreacting.  The news media are playing it up big.  TV. Radio. Newspapers.  It’s as if everyone is supposed to be fearful. That we’re all going to die. An agonizing death by Ebola. Worse than the Black Plague.  If I want to be fearful, I’ll lament over the possibility of the Republicans taking over the Senate and the presidency.   That thought scares the willies out of me. Ebola. Hell, that’s nothing. I can survive Ebola. By staying home. By avoiding human contact. That’s easy stuff. A Republican takeover. That’s a real concern for alarm. Could be the end of civilization  --Jim Broede

No comments: