Sunday, October 5, 2014

In so many wonderful ways.

The way I deal with people. There’s no one way. Everyone is an individual. Distinct. Unlike any other. Friends. Acquaintances. Strangers. They’re all different.  Some I know quite well. Others in a more casual manner. Some from afar. Strangers become acquaintances. I form first impressions. With some, I become curious. Wanting to learn more. Others, I simply write off. With hardly any impression.  Maybe never to see again. But there’s always a cast of characters with whom I’m close. And know in rather intimate ways. They are the ones to be treated with great respect. And always as special. True friends. Used to be that I boasted of having no friends. Only acquaintances. But that wasn’t true. I’ve always had friends. Of one sort or another. People I could rely on. And they, in turn, could rely on me.  I’ve also had two true loves. My dear wife Jeanne. Until she died over 7 years ago. Since then, I’ve cultivated my dear sweet Italian true love. Makes me think that I’ve been blessed. With true friends. In so many wonderful ways.   –Jim Broede

No comments: