Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My kind of deserved blessing.

I’m enjoying the World Series. Because I don’t really care which team wins. That makes me more relaxed. If I was a rabid fan of either San Francisco or Kansas City, I’d be more emotionally involved in the games. More partisan. More stressed.  Now I can watch the games for the pure pleasure of baseball. No chance for a heartbreaking loss. Unless my dear Chicago Cubs were in the series. Which would pose a risk of loss and subsequent sorrow. I could go into deep despair. Granted, there’s also a chance of the triumphal Cubs. And ecstasy. But I’d rather not be subjected to the emotional gamble. Better for me that the Cubs finished in last place. And haven’t been to the World Series since 1945. Call it my kind of deserved blessing. –Jim Broede

No comments: