Sunday, October 26, 2014

Nothing ventured. Nothing gained.

Allowing people to be themselves. That’s supposed to be a good thing. Generally speaking. But I see nothing wrong in discouraging some friends and acquaintances from being themselves. Because they have drifted into potentially harmful patterns. I might step in. And offer unsolicited advice. Especially if they seem headed for disaster. I know some very unhappy people.  That don’t necessarily have to stay unhappy. If they make a few changes in their lives. Might be no more than an attitudinal shift. A new way of thinking. A new grasp on life.   Of course, I have no power to reshape anyone. Other than myself. True change must come from within the self.  But I have the power to persuade. To make suggestions. In a friendly and convincing manner. I’ve done it before. And I’ll do it again. After all. Nothing ventured. Nothing gained. –Jim Broede

No comments: