Friday, October 24, 2014

Saved by my reclusive ways.

If left to my usual reclusive ways, I have difficulty finding something to worry about.  I merely go for a walk. And steer clear of civilization. Retreating to  the safe haven of my durable cocoon.  But I have a habit of picking up the New York Times or tuning in National Public Radio or switching on the liberal commentators on MSNBC. And I’m promptly reminded there’s plenty to worry about. Ebola. The Islamic state.   The likely Republican take-over of the Senate. And more. But to tell the truth, I don’t fret about that stuff. Because I can’t do anything about it. Crap happens. My attitude is to get on with pleasurable aspects of life. In my ever-evolving role as romantic idealist. Better to make love. Than worry about things. –Jim Broede

No comments: