Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The finer little things of life.

To become a true blue political power broker, it’d be necessary for me to become monetarily rich. It would help to be a billionaire. And then I’d have to work for my liberal/progressive agenda. Benefits for the poor and the middle class. Taking from the rich, and giving to the poor. But chances are, becoming a financial tycoon would have corrupted me. I would have adopted a rich man’s values. And a proclivity to manipulate the system. For my personal benefit. To make me richer and richer and richer. I would have pursued life with a self-defeating (and perhaps immoral) purpose. Better to shun the riches. And save my soul. Better to be in love with the finer little things of life. Rather than big money and political power. –Jim Broede

No comments: