Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Theory versus practice.

I don’t have to be loved. Or liked, for that matter. That’s not the important thing in my life. I’m not on a quest to be loved. Instead, I want to be a lover. Of life. So far, I have pretty much accomplished that goal. I dislike certain things. Even certain people. Especially politicians. But I accept imperfections. After all, I have plenty of ‘em myself. That’s part of being a true lover. Unconditional love. Someone doesn’t have to like me. To be loved by me. That’s the nature of true love. Love doesn’t have to be a two-way street. That makes it possible to love one’s so-called enemy. Complete understanding. Complete forgiveness. Maybe that’s the most difficult task in life. But once accomplished, it has to seem easy. The natural thing to do. That’s my theory. Of course, there’s a difference between theory and practice. –Jim Broede

No comments: