Friday, November 7, 2014

Getting on with the rest of life.

My message to Alzheimer care-givers. It’s nice to muse. Sometimes about matters unrelated to Alzheimer’s.  Care-givers need diversions. Thoughts. About life. Beyond dementia. Beyond care-giving. That was my form of respite. When I was at my best. As a care-giver. After 8 or 10 hours at the nursing home, I went home. To my cocoon. And shut out care-giving and Alzheimer’s for a few hours.  Thinking about the positive wonders of life. Thinking funny things. Going for a moonlight walk. Sleeping undisturbed.  Waking. Refreshed. Anyway, that’s why. In the Alzheimer musings forum. Half the time, I don’t directly touch on care-giving and Alzheimer issues. Better to get on with the rest of life. Mostly things that make us happy. And contented. Time off. For respite.  Time to fall in love. With life. --Jim Broede

No comments: