Saturday, November 1, 2014

Good enough. For now.

I’m in love. With life. And with my Italian true love. But not with politicians. Nor with my homeland, the United States of America. Don’t know what that makes me. Maybe a little picky and choosey. And unpatriotic. Thing is. I can be in love. Without having to be in love with everything. It’s good enough that I can pursue love. And happiness. In my own inimitable way. Without having to love politicians and my country. I believe in honesty. Therefore, I admit that there are some things beyond the reach of my love. Of course, I keep an open mind. And some day I may learn to genuinely love America. But as for politicians – no way. Meanwhile, I’ll love life and my dear sweetheart. Yes, that’s good enough. For now. –Jim Broede

P.S. I like many things about America. But it ain't a love affair.

No comments: