Sunday, November 2, 2014

No longer cursed.

Being born. Coming alive.  Once upon a time, I considered that a curse. Having learned. That some day I was destined to die. That was a big concern.  Because I wanted to live. Forever.  And it pissed me off. That I wouldn’t be granted my fervent wish.  Maybe it would have been better if I hadn’t been born. Then I wouldn’t have to fret about dying. Indeed, that’s a funny perspective. On life. Better to not have lived. But I’ve changed my mind. By falling in love. With life. Even if life doesn’t last forever. Even if. After death. There is absolute nothingness. Maybe it’s that I’ve learned to live one day at a time.  To cherish now. To savor the moment. Not to get ahead of myself. Not to worry about tomorrow. In the process, I’ve become a romantic idealist. A free-thinker, too. That’s good. When it comes to spiritual matters, I simply believe what I want to believe.  No proof necessary. Scientific, or otherwise. I hereby declare unequivocal belief in an afterlife. Makes me feel blessed and happy. No longer cursed. –Jim Broede

No comments: