Friday, November 14, 2014

Grateful for the extra time.

Longevity. I like it. Because lasting for many, many years gives me a better chance of getting things right. Ideally, I need forever. But short of that, I’ll take whatever I can get. Meanwhile, I try to ignore statistics. That show I’m exceeding the normal lifespan for a humanoid. That’s a significant achievement. Beating the odds. Dying young would have made me feel cheated. Dying, period. May make me feel shortchanged, too. But not nearly as much as if I had died before turning ancient and decrepit. Of course, it could be that I’ll be reincarnated. And start life anew. Young again. As a somewhat different being. With little or no memory of my past life. I’d probably prefer being reincarnated as a spirit. Rather than a physical being. But maybe one doesn’t get promoted to spirit status until mastering the physical life. Haven’t got it mastered yet. So I’m grateful for the extra time. –Jim Broede

No comments: