Friday, November 21, 2014

Makes my day.

Happy faces. Tears of joys. That’s what I’m seeing tonight. The result of Obama’s executive order. Allowing maybe as many as 5 million ‘illegal’ immigrants to stay in the U.S.  Of course, not everyone is happy about it. Particularly Republicans. Claiming Obama exceeded his authority. But that’s political poppycock.  Meanwhile, I’m happy. That Obama did the right thing. And I’m happy for the immigrants. Also, gives me reason to be proud of my country. As for Republicans, if they don’t like Obama’s action – well, then they can take their own action. To negate it. By passing a bill. A new immigration law. That suits Republicans. They’ve had ample opportunities to fix the immigration system. Or maybe they think the present system is all right. I don’t know. But hey, this is a free country. And Republicans have a majority in Congress. Gives them the power and the means. To make life more difficult. For Obama. For the immigrants. For their political foes. That’s the nature of the game. But for the moment, we have some mighty happy immigrants. Makes my day. Watching. Observing. All this incredible happiness. Brought about. By the mere stroke of presidential pen. –Jim Broede

No comments: