Saturday, November 8, 2014

Mere pawns...in a fabulous game.

I’m trying to figure out. How my mind works. Why does a conscious thought suddenly emerge?  Like now. It’s as if I’m on automatic pilot. Letting my mind flow. In any direction. I surrender control. But then, maybe I’ve never had control. It’s all been an illusion. I’m an automated computer. A robot. Placed on Planet Earth. By a very advanced technical civilization. That’s what we earthlings are slowly becoming. Technicians. Capable of sending automated probes to Mars. And into interstellar space.  Sending back signals. Pictures, too. Telling us what it sees. And feels. Much like a human. But I’m thinking. At the moment. That we aren’t human. Instead, no more than machines. Operating. By command. From our inventor/creator. Maybe we are the pawns. In his fabulous and entertaining game. –Jim Broede

No comments: