Saturday, November 8, 2014

A fanciful notion.

I’m a low-life. Relatively speaking. There are higher forms of life. Than humans. Difficult,  if not impossible, for me to comprehend my superiors. It would be like a fish in the sea, trying to grasp the profundity of human life. Because we exist in different dimensions. Water versus open air. A fish can’t survive out of water. Humans can’t survive outside of an atmosphere. My superiors can exist outside of an atmosphere. In space. In a vacuum. That makes it possible for them to traverse the vast cosmos. Because my superiors are non-physical. Probably spiritual in nature.  But more fully conscious than humans. We humans, however, can take solace in being more conscious than fish. Here’s my fanciful notion. There’s an afterlife. For us all. Fish. Humans. Everyone. After death, we enter a realm that allows us to advance to the next higher level of existence. The fish can become human. The human can become spirit. And the spirit may become something beyond the spiritual. This is fine with me. After all, I have no desire to remain a mere low-life. Please, give me a higher form of life. –Jim Broede

No comments: