Saturday, November 29, 2014

No complaining from me.

I flit back and forth. Between Minnesota and Sardinia/Italy. Yes, that’s another part of my life.  Two different worlds. It’s a nice arrangement. I like the differences. Between Italians and Americans.  For one thing, they speak different languages.  Though my Italian true love speaks both. In fact, she teaches English and English literature. She knows far more about Shakespeare than I do.  About other things, too. She’s well-versed. Of course, I know things she doesn’t know. More evidence that, as a couple, we balance each other. We thrive on our differences. Put it this way: We have helped each other become more whole.  Better human beings.  That’s the nature of true love. Anyway, here I come, Sardinia. My new-found second homeland. My wonderful escape. From Minnesota winter. The Sardinia natives complain. When overnight temperatures dip into the 40s. I have no complaint. For me, that’s a heat wave. –Jim Broede

No comments: