Sunday, November 9, 2014

All the meaningful stuff of life.

I’m a creature of habit. Yes, routine. I like to vary my day. But still, there are rituals. That I must follow. For the sake of peace and contentment. Such as walking. About 10 miles. Daily. Even on difficult and busy days, I generally find ways. To stick to my regimen. When I fly to Italy. In three weeks. I’ll start my day. With several miles of walking. Before and after my arrival at the airport in Minneapolis. And more walking. During layovers in Amsterdam and Rome. And when arriving on the doorstep of my Italian true love. In Sardinia. I’ll go for a stroll. Of course, I also write. Daily. Mostly, at my desk. On the computer. But I also travel with a laptop. And notebooks. And pens. I have not lost the craft of handwriting. Really, it’s more scribble. Than artful penmanship. In the sixth grade, I was singled out. For the best penmanship in the class. Those days are gone. Forever. But I’m alive and conscious and walking and writing. And I'm in love. Yes, I have all the meaningful stuff of life. –Jim Broede 

No comments: