Sunday, November 9, 2014

My life of deprivation.

Heavy snow is on the way. Or so I’m told. By the weatherman. Up to 12 inches by Monday night.   If I had to drive to work. That would be a problem. But I’m retired. And that gives me the option of staying home. Of course, I won’t complain if the snow doesn’t arrive. And the sun shines all day. I’ll take whatever happens. And make the best of it. My intent is to spend the day shoveling the driveway. Many, many times. I could use the upper body workout.  Because my usual form of exercise is walking. Anyway, I love the change of seasons. But I’m going to deny myself the pleasure of snow and sub-zero cold. This winter. By fleeing Minnesota. In three weeks. For Sardinia, the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. Of course, that means I’ll have to live in deprivation – with no snow and no freezing temperatures. But hey, one can’t have everything. I’ll just have to compromise. Settling for the seaside. And life with my Italian true love. –Jim Broede

No comments: