Monday, December 8, 2014

Taking a walk, Italian-style.

Going for a walk. In my small city. In Sardinia. Can be hazardous. For the less agile. Fortunately, I'm able to navigate an obstacle course.  In an enjoyable and athletic and aerobic beneficial manner. Many of the sidewlks in Carbonia are anything but flat.  The decorative paving blocks tend to heave and crack. Because of massive and far-reaching roots from magnificient and towering umbrella pine trees.  It all adds to the charming character of Carbonia. I'd not trade it for anything. Of course, this wouldn't happen in an American city. For fear that the city would be sued. After someone trips and breaks a leg. I'm not sure what happens in Carbonia. Maybe Italian cities are immune from lawsuits. Or maybe Italians are as athletically adept as me. Or walk very, very carefully. --Jim Broede 

No comments: