Monday, December 8, 2014

True love in the kitchen.

My Italian true love is abandoning her kitchen.  For two weeks. Because it's being remodeled. Which means, I have the opportunity to take her out to dinner. More often than usual. Or to fetch already prepared meals. At the delicatessen. Though we are also able to improvise. With a hot plate in the living room.  In Italy, the kitchen is a big part of life. Almost like a living room.  I like that. As well as many other Italian ways. Remodeling has becomer a big part of my life. In Minnesota. When my true love comes over. To enjoy the summer.  She's a teacher. Of English and English literature. But she has many other talents. She could easily become an interior decorator.  She's done wonders with my house.  Where I also fly the Sardinian and Italian flags. --Jim Broede

No comments: