Monday, December 8, 2014

The wonders of the future.

Marvelous. That's the way I feel. After transitioning. In less than 24 hours. From snowy and cold Minnesota.  To sunny and mild Sardinia. An Island in the Mediterranean Sea. Yes, a quick turn-around. Possible these days. From one side of the globe. To the other. By hopping aboad a jetliner.   In Minnneapolis. Landing eight hours later. In Amsterdam. Then a two-hour flight to Rome. Followed by a one-hour hop to Cagliari. And an hour drive to Carbonia. And presto. I'm at home. Nestling with my Italian true love.  In what seems like a mere blink of an eye.  When my mother was born. Exactly a century ago. In 1914. Such an achievement was only a dream. Now it's real. And maybe in another century, we'll fly to the moon in less time than that. I don't rule out anything.  Even a trip to Mars. Another reason to live forever. In order to experience the wonders of the future. --Jim Broede

No comments: