Thursday, January 15, 2015

A pretty tough guy.

Surprise! Surprise! Yes, when in the hospital in Italy, I had a big surprise. That once upon a time I had seven fractured ribs. And didn't know about it. Until x-rays by the Italian radiologist revealed seven rib fractures. Healed, of course. Apparently, the fractures happened a long time ago. Without me knowing it. The doctors were amazed. That I didn't know it. Because rib fractures are generally very painful. Anyway, I put my mind to work. When could this have happened?  Only one possibility. In 1983, I fell off a roof. And landed hard. Had an overnight stay in a hospital. Released the next day. But I was sore. For several months. Went back to work. In two weeks. With the aid of a walker and a cane. Went to Arizona for a month. To fully recuperate.  Remember having my pelvis x-rayed. But it was OK. Maybe they didn't bother x-raying my chest. My ribs. I'll have to check into that.  Imagine that. Living with seven fractured ribs and learning about it 30 years later.  Makes me a pretty tough guy, doesn't it? --Jim Broede 

No comments: