Friday, January 16, 2015

Keeps me alive. And happy.

Hate to report it. But dear Chenuska's time has come. Sad. But then, she lived for over 20 years. A long life for a cat. It would have been  emotionally hard for me to do the final deed. Taking her to the vet. To be put asleep. Better (for me) to have left the task to my granddaughter. While I'm away in Italy.  I reflect. Looking at a Christmas card photo. Way back. With dear wife Jeanne, me and the four cats we had at the time. The last of the cats to go. Dear Chenuska. I lament the passing of them all. But the fond memories. Help me get on with the rest of life. Wish everything was forever. But it isn't.  Unless we all survive. As spirits. In another dimension. And life goes on and on and on. Makes me a dreamer. Keeps me alive. And happy.  --Jim Broede   

No comments: