Friday, January 23, 2015

Living. In grand style.

I'm back in the U.S. In Minnesota. After seven weeks in Sardinia with my amore mio. Of course, we're still connected. On Skype. Several times a day. There's a seven-hour time difference.  Usually put her to bed. Around 4 p.m. That's 11 p.m. for her. When she wakes in the morning. She can go to her computer. To find a love email. Waiting to be opened. A nice way to start the day. One of the nice benefits of separation.  Always trying to make the best of the situation. I have no complaints, really.  Not sure when I'll return to Sardinia. Could be in April or May. Perhaps for Easter. That's when Sardinia will be significantly warmer. Beach weather. Wasn't bad in December and January. Always above freezing. Sunny days. Daytime temperatures in the 50s and 60s. Occasionally flirting with 70.  I'm not bothered by the snow and cold of Minnesota. It's nice, too. Maybe in March, I'll go to Arizona. And stay with my daughter. Gives me the opportunity to take spring training. With the Chicago Cubs. I do that almost every spring. But missed last year.  I know how to live. In grand style.  No matter where I am. --Jim Broede

No comments: