Friday, January 23, 2015

A 'grandma' in the making.

I have a burn. On the index finger of my left hand. From reaching into a small electric broiler/oven. To turn a potato. By hand. Not a wise move. The finger touched a red-hot broiler coil. I do foolish things. And when I do. My amore mio reminds me. Like a mother. To not do it again. Don't know if I like being mothered. But in a way, I find it enchanting. Gives me a chance. To suggest that she's acting like an older woman. Yes, a mother. When really she's young enough for me to be her father.  Indeed, an odd twist. My wife Jeanne was nine years older than me. Anyway, I'm a positive thinker. Maybe there's a benefit in all this mothering. For me. I can start acting like my amore mio's son. Like a young man. If she keeps it up, I may start calling her grandma. --Jim Broede

No comments: