Wednesday, January 28, 2015

To follow my impulse.

I continually adjust to life. On a daily basis. Is there any other way? I like mostly unplanned days. When I let things happen.  And react. On impulse.  Though I often follow a regimen. Exercising. Physically. Mentally. Often at the same time. Physical motion stirs mental motion.  Makes me wonder. If I'm a machine. Perhaps a programmed robot. With a recording device. Implanted. In me. Like now. Capturing my immediate thought. Rather than allowing the thought to elude me. Makes me feel good. Gives me a sense of satisfaction.  Accomplishment. Anyway, I don't like to follow a rigid schedule. I have an appointment. Today. At 11 a.m.  Over the next 24 hours or so. I'm going to follow a schedule.  Being put to a test, of sorts.  Being tested. Isn't my favorite pastime.  Though in my college days, tests never bothered me.  Never lost sleep. Waiting to take a test. I felt prepared. Especially if it was an oral or essay test. One that allowed for spontaneity. Allowing me to improvise. To be original. To follow my impulse. --Jim Broede

No comments: