Sunday, January 18, 2015

Viva l'Italia!!!

Every Italian buraucracy has many, many levels.  Impossible to count 'em all. Therefore, it's best to find an opening. A way to squeeze out of the bureaucracy. Before one gets too bogged down. And completely lost. It's like being mired in quicksand. The harder one struggles, the deeper one goes. I'm a foreigner. An Americano. That makes maneuvering through the Italian bureaucracy doubly hard.  Certainly, more difficult than the American bureaucracy. Because I'm used to it. In Italy, I've had to summon my Italian amore mio. For help. Without her, I would have been relegated to eternal hell. She was my savior. My salvation.  She rescued me. When I needed her the most.  Maybe this is all  my imagination. And it really wasn't all that bad. It just seemed that way. I'm convinced. That from a medical perspective, I could have been released from the hospital after six days. Instead, I had to stay an extra two days. To find my way out of the bureaucratic labyrinth.  Almost felt like I had escaped from prison. But hey, I accept that. Because I'm convinced that I got better medical and hospital care than I would have received in an American hospital. At a cheaper price, too. Viva l'Italia!!! --Jim Broede

No comments: