Thursday, February 26, 2015

Better than being lonely.

Hard for me to accept. That I am a very low life form. Yes, a human being. Of course, I pretend. That humans are very, very intelligent. Superior to any other form of life. That makes me feel blessed. And fortunate. That I'm not a mere cat or dog. Or a low-life vermin. But I suspect that there are infinitesimal layers of intelligent life. And we humans are on a very low plateau. So low, that higher forms of life wouldn't even bother trying to communicate with us. Meanwhile, I'm speculating. That after death, I'll be elevated. Rising to the next level of intelligence. And that after a life span on that level -- I'll keep ascending. Forever. That seems like a neat and orderly way to go. Maybe the creator, himself, is at the very top of the pyramid. Not sure if he allows others to share the top with him. But if he's a nice guy, he'll make room. Better than being lonely for the rest of his life. --Jim Broede

No comments: