Thursday, February 26, 2015

Coping with life and death.

I need occasional reminders. To not get too far ahead  of myself. When I begin to feel out of sorts. Or a little insecure. Or anxious. Worried. That usually means I'm thinking about tomorrow. Or next week. Or next month. I'm in serious trouble if I'm thinking ahead to next year. I'm happiest. When focused on today. On what I'm doing now. Means being  fully absorbed in the moment. The one that I'm actually living.  Not on a future. With a potential for being bleak. I'll deal with the future. When the future becomes now. So far, I've always found ways to cope. With the perils of life. That's a good sign. Come to think of it. The only time when coping becomes impossible. Is when I'm dead. And even death is probably a form of coping. --Jim Broede

No comments: