Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Far easier than dying.

So many ways to commit suicide.  Ways that don't get classified as true suicides. Because they look like natural deaths. I suspect the choice of many. Is anxiety. Yes, people that worry themselves to death. I suspect that's the way my mother went. She was a worrier. In a constant state of  high anxiety.  Of course, she lived to 88. Which would seem to refute my premise. Of suicide. But if she had quit worrying. Maybe she would have celebrated her 101st birthday. On Feb. 20. My friend Julie. Worries far too much, too. And flits into depression. Worry probably has shaved years off her life already.  But it's not too late. For Julie to turn things around. By searching long and hard. For happiness. Making living far easier than dying. --Jim Broede

No comments: