Saturday, February 7, 2015

If I were the creator.

Death is death only if there is absolute nothingness. Could be that I emerged. From nothing. And will return to nothing. But I find that personally unacceptable. I have a yearning. To be. Something. Perhaps not a physical being. Better to be a form of life that is indestructible. Non-physical. Which requires transcending. Into another dimension. Into a higher form of consciousness. A spirit.  With no physical limitations. I'm shackled now.  Encased in flesh. And my only escape is in death. Freedom and death may be one and the same. Can't know for sure.  But my romantic idealist instincts tell me that I was born to be free of physical restraint. And that life proceeds in stages. I came out of a womb. Only to enter another womb. Maybe I will not be truly and fully alive -- until I die. It's a nice thought. One I can buy into. Precisely, because that's the way I would have designed life. If I were the creator. --Jim Broede

No comments: