Saturday, February 7, 2015

On the way to feeling better.

I'm climbing a ladder. That's one way to look at life.  I seek to go higher and higher. Nearing the top, I feel blissful. Relaxed. At peace. Occasionally, I slip. And drop down a rung or two. That makes me feel less elated.  But I regain my footing. And keep heading for the pinnacle again. Unfortunately, now and then, I lose my grip. And slip five or six rungs. Before catching myself.  That explains my rare bouts with anxiety. I never fall all the way down. Never hit the bottom. For that, I am thankful. But I have friends. That have made hard landings. Into depression. So sad. But not hopeless. I encourage them. To pick themselves up. To take the first step. Up the ladder again. Then the second and the third. Every step counts. On the way to feeling better. --Jim Broede

No comments: