Thursday, February 12, 2015

I'm damn good at psychotherapy.

Don't get me wrong. I'm for psychotherapy. Nothing wrong. In finding ways. To better understand one's self. Good psychotherapy does that. I generally shun going to a psychotherapist. Well, that's not really true. I go. Almost daily.  Without leaving my domain. I'm my own best psychotherapist. I treat myself. By turning inward. And being honest with myself. Sure, I kid around a bit. But I face the truth. I'm able to be self-analytical. I diagnose my own problems. And deal with them. Though I don't mind living with some problems.  Because I'll never be perfect. But still, my life is manageable. Very much so. Anyway, I'd be wasting my time. If I went to the typical psychotherapist.  They are the ones in need of psychotherapy. That's the way they make their living.  That makes them suspect. I practice psychotherapy. Strictly, as an amateur. Treating mostly myself. But I don't hesitate practicing. On my friends and acquaintances. And believe me. I'm damn good at it. --Jim Broede

No comments: