Thursday, February 12, 2015

In the goodness of life.

I allow myself. To believe what I want to believe. Even the most preposterous stuff. In that sense, I'm like religious people. Though I'm not religious.  Some of 'em believe in so-called creationism. They disbelieve in evolution. And yes, they even believe in an afterlife. In a resurrection. They proclaim belief in a god. Though I suspect many of 'em have grave doubts. About everything. Though some may be true believers. They've convinced themselves. That they know the truth. Of course, I'm convinced that some are religious fanatics. Sick of mind. Especially when they start to kill. Not only disbelievers. But also those of the same ilk. In the name of their god. They are 100 percent crazy. And I mean bad crazy. Of course, I'm crazy, too. But in another direction. In good crazy. Because I'm not religious. Instead, I'm spiritual. I believe in the spirit. In love. I even believe in everlasting life. Though confessing. That I have doubts. But still, I spend my life. Trying damn hard. To believe what I want to believe. In the goodness of life. --Jim Broede

No comments: