Sunday, February 15, 2015

Into a perfect balance.

I tell my amore mio. We have something in common. We always want to feel very, very good. Physically. And if we don't, it throws us off track. Mentally. That's the problem with being a physical being. We are too aware of our physical existence. All it takes is a stiff neck, a headache. A sore muscle. A little bit of fatigue. And we immediately go into the discomfort mode. Maybe even into a mental funk. Best bet is to ignore the minor aches and pains. And get on with life. And, above all, get adequate rest. Last night, I felt tired. At 10 minutes to nine. So I did the wise thing. Went to bed. Now I'm up. At midnight. Trying to get into a writing rhythm. Really, I should just go back to bed. Maybe listen to some music. And pretend I'm floating on my back. Maybe aboard a drifting cloud. I find myself. Trying to relax my mind. First and foremost. When I should really start with by body. My physique. That will put my mind at ease. We live in a physical world. More so than in a spiritual world. Maybe some day the balance will shift in the other direction. For now, I'll try to blend the two. Nicely. Into a perfect balance. --Jim Broede

No comments: