Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Time to intervene.

Maybe I should do as Julie does. Take to my bed. For extraordinarily long stretches. For full days.  Not to be seen sometimes for three days. To not even get up to eat. Makes me wonder if she even goes to the bathroom. Anyway, if I mimic Julie and stay in bed for days on end. Maybe that would help me. To better understand. How Julie feels. Maybe I'd be surprised. And feel well-rested. But I doubt it. I'd want to get out and about. I'd be tired of being in bed. But still, Julie persists. She stays and stays and stays. That isn't a normal way to live. In bed virtually all of the time. Therefore, it's easy to conclude. Julie ain't normal. So, what are we concerned observers to do about it? I'll tell you what I'd do. If I were in charge. I'd take Julie to a hospital. For evaluation. And treatment. For complete physical and mental exams. Wouldn't matter how much resistance she'd put up. Julie isn't capable of making her own rational decisions any more.  It's time to intervene. --Jim Broede

No comments: