Sunday, February 1, 2015

The impossible good thought dream.

Don't know if I'm up to fighting a bureaucracy. Any bureaucracy. Because one needs stamina. Dedication. Fortitude. Resilience. A never-give-up attitude. And not least, time. That's the only way to win. And then, it may cost more than it's worth. The bureaucrats are there. To make life stifling and miserable. Bureaucrats take pride. In outlasting, outmaneuvering anyone with the audacity of taking on their beloved bureaucracy. That's generally me. The challenger of bureaucracies. Unfortunately,  I'm getting older. And don't like to waste time. Trying to get something I deserve. But most likely won't get out of the bureaucracy. In other words, maybe it's better to admit defeat.  Right from the start. And take it all, gracefully. Like a good loser. That's what bureaucrats want. Though some of 'em would rather that I gnash my teeth. Like a bad loser. Bureaucrats tend to be sadists. They enjoy watching people suffer.  That happens. Over and over. Daily. In most bureaucracies. Could write about it, I suppose. Like Franz Kafka did. Maybe that would give me satisfaction.  Turning my pain into a work of art. An indictment of bureaucracies. But I could take a positive twist. Creating a fictional bureaucracy. One that actually tries to help people find their way through the labyrinth. Where it all ends happily and joyously and mirthfully.  Ah, the impossible (good thought) dream. --Jim Broede

No comments: