Sunday, March 1, 2015

A dangerous game.

I wonder. If depression is contagious. To the best of my knowledge, I've avoided true blue depression. All of my life. But when I'm around depressed people. For extended periods. I tend to feel out of sorts. Maybe a little depressed. I have to get away. And not take large doses of their depression. Their state of being. Affects me. In negative ways. If I were a therapist. And treated the depressed. Full-time. I would need frequent breaks. I would have to compartmentalize my life. Finding ways to get away from it all.  To rejuvenate myself. I try to imagine.  What it must feel like. To be in deep depression. Maybe that's dangerous. Like an actor. Trying to immerse himself in the role.  To play the actual character.  I suspect. That's a dangerous game. --Jim Broede

No comments: