Sunday, March 1, 2015

My sunshine. In the middle of night.

I'm up at 3:35 a.m. And it's convenient for me. Because it's a good time, especially on a weekend, to connect with my amore mio. In Italy. Where it's 10:25 a.m. Yes, when we are separated, there's a 7-hour time difference.  When pursuing an international/transnational relationship. One lives with two clocks. I put Cristina to bed. At 4 in the afternoon. My time. But it's 11 in the evening. Her time. And when returning from a lengthy sojourn in Italy this winter, it took me two weeks to readjust. From jet lag. Anyway, I've forgotten, for the moment, that it's not the middle of the night. Because I've been connected (on Skype) with beautiful Cristina. Where it's mid-morning. And a sunny day. Indeed, she's my sunshine. Even in the middle of the night. --Jim Broede

No comments: