Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A dream. Not only weird. But funny.

Talk about weird dreams. I had one tonight. That I was a kid. In a very weird family. That slept in flooded bedrooms. Literally. Water came all the way up to the bed. So that one was immersed in water. As one slept. But my bedroom was dry. Yes, I was allowed to sleep in a dry bedroom. But if I wanted to go to the bathroom, I had to walk into a flooded bathroom. And that annoyed me. Made me ponder that my family was not only peculiar. But downright crazy.  I raised the issue. And was told. I could do whatever I liked. Free to choose my option. A flooded bedroom or a dry bedroom. But I asked, ‘What about the bathroom? Seems to me I have no choice. Because there’s only one bathroom. And it’s flooded.’ At the time, I didn’t see that as funny. I was feeling angry. But now that I’m awake. The dream seems not only weird. But funny. Makes me wonder if there’s any underlying significance to it all. –Jim Broede

No comments: