Sunday, March 22, 2015

Better to just enjoy the ride.

No doubt. Life is an adventure. Especially when one looks at the entirety of it all.  Take the story. Of anyone’s life.  Each of us becomes conscious. Gradually. Of our very existence. In a world populated. By billions of people. And here I am. A specific single solitary soul.  Expected to make sense and meaning of this blessed life. Yes, blessed. How can it be anything else? A wonderful opportunity. Finding pleasure and happiness. And not least, love. Why? Why? Why am I here? That’s one of the first questions I asked. Once I learned a language. Gosh. I have the ability. To truly communicate. To carry on a conversation.  With myself. And with others. To figure it all out. By asking. Why am I here?  Some days. I don’t bother asking any more. Instead, I merely settle. For being.  Don’t need an explanation. Better to just enjoy the ride. Maybe that’s the reason. Nothing more. Nothing less. –Jim Broede

No comments: