Saturday, March 14, 2015

In mostly pleasurable ways.

How does one get pure pleasure from life? For me, it’s in finding meaning. To virtually everything. To events. To the characters/personalities around me.  To friends. To acquaintances. So far, I have identified two true loves. Gems. If I had nothing else in my life. Maybe that would be adequate. Depends on the degree of meaning I give to them. And the influence they have on me. Of course, much also depends on who I am. What I’ve become. Me. A romantic idealist. A spiritual free-thinker. A political liberal. A lover. A dreamer. And not least, a writer. The written word. Spontaneous thought. My boldest attempt at defining myself. Elaborating on the true meaning. Of my life experience. In mostly pleasurable ways. –Jim Broede

No comments: