Sunday, March 1, 2015

Whether others like it or not.

Yes, I know. I'm not supposed to be at the center of my universe. That this makes me narcissistic.  And many psychiatrists say that ain't good. To admire my mental and physical attributes. But I acknowledge the truth. That I'm narcissistic. Possibly making me a bad guy. Yes, I could be a better human being. By being less self-absorbed. And I'm working on it. But I have to confess. It feels good. To be self-centered. To know thyself. As an imperfect human being. And accepting that. As fact. I will always be imperfect. There's no hope for me. Perfection is beyond my grasp. Therefore, I have to learn to live with me. And tell myself. I'm going to find ways to be comfortable. In my own skin. Whether other people like it or not. --Jim Broede

No comments: