Thursday, May 21, 2015

I'm at a loss for words.

Wish I had the power/wherewithal to save alcoholics and depressed people from themselves. Including my friend Julie. She has to save herself.  Unfortunately, she has no desire to steer off her self-destructive path. All I can do is watch. And I'd just as soon not do that. It's too painful. To be an observer of the deterioration of a once wonderful human being. To addiction. To mental illness. Yes, I know it happens to other people. All too frequently. Julie has fallen out of love. Once upon a time, she cherished and savored life. I encourage Julie to pursue happiness. Suggesting many, many ways. All of which get ignored. So sad. Julie is sick. And refuses to get well. I'm known as a pretty persuasive guy.  But I can't find the words to persuade Julie to become happy again. --Jim Broede
       

No comments: