Saturday, May 9, 2015

The nature of my priorities.

I can live the good life. Without throngs of people. Because I am able to settle. For my dear animal friends. Not the least being Loverboy. A cat. I hate to say my cat. Because he doesn't really 'belong' to me. He's independent. His own being. Though he lives with me. And comforts me as much as any human friend.  Except for my amore mio. Yes, Loverboy is second on my list. But that doesn't bother him.  He knows the truth. And accepts the truth. That he's a cat. Though he really acts human. He speaks to me. I speak to him. We have wonderful conversations. True dialogues.  My other dearest friends are neighborhood canines. Dogs. That almost seem human. Stinker. Polly. Sasha. Jake. Nicholas. Daisy. I know all of 'em. By names. But still. I have some neighbors. Without names. Goes to show. The nature of my priorities. --Jim Broede

No comments: