Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Just enough. To be happy.

Acceptance. That can be a hard thing. Accepting the world. As it is. Imperfect. Of course, there's much to like, too. About the world. And life. Therefore, I focus on the positives. In order to be happy. I avoid thinking too much about the bad stuff.  Better to get on with life. Rather than stewing. Over things I can't change. Such as, political systems. And wars. And annoying people. And natural disasters. I retreat to my cocoon. And pretend. That I am safe. Having nothing to fear. Fortunately, I'm not alone. My beloved cat, Loverboy, is always with me. We share the same cocoon. Really, the same world. Though Loverboy isn't aware of goings-on outside of  the cocoon. That's probably a blessing. For him. Not knowing too much. Just enough. To be happy. --Jim Broede

No comments: